Tuesday, December 18, 2007

FIRST ENTRY / EARLY THOUGHTS ON DIARIES & DAILY LOGS

Well, I was going to say that I never had a diary, though thinking about it now I am sure I had one at one time or another in my early life. I have vague memories of receiving one as a young girl that was given as a gift from my mother on one of my birthdays,.....I was probably around 13 years old. I remember checking the lock on it to see if it could be easily "picked" open. So I guess I did OWN a diary or possibly more than one at some early point in my life,... but the truth of the matter is I never actually used a diary....not much anyways. I remember a few feeble youthful attempts at keeping some sort of log of my daily activities, and remember very well the difficulty it presented in attempting to fill it up with "interesting" things to say,....my entries seemed so repetitious and boring. I think that is why I never got into it much, prefering to while away my hours drawing and putting togther my own home-made comic books. My life at that point anyways, was pretty un-eventful; no "youthful crushes," or actual "best friends" to write about - I was pretty much of a tom boy, my "best friend" was a big black & tan German Shepard dog, and I was pretty much a loner back then, as I guess I am still now. Funny how the more things change, there are certain things that will always remain the same, --- like it or not, we're stuck with it.

No comments: